Adrià Mercader Pallarès
I am a software integrator and developer focused on geospatial Web technologies, with more than five years of experience in the development and maintenance of web applications and services. The major part of my work has been performed on LAMP environments, with a strong focus on programming both server and client-side applications and setting up OWS services. Apart from that, I have a broad experience in different technologies and I feel very confident in team-working environments. I am always willing to improve and learn, and open to any new field or experience.
Technical manager at Geodata Sistemas (July 2008 - April 2010)
Technical management of a team of 5 developers. Design, development and coordination of key projects. Definition and coordination of the general lines and specific tasks of R&D. In-house and customer training.
Analyst developer at Geodata Sistemas (September 2005 - July 2008)
Design and development of geographic web applications and services. Configuration of WMS and WFS services. Database design and maintenance.
Analyst developer at LIGIT (UAB) (September 2004 - July 2005)
Design, development and deployment of a management system for incidences and visitor's suggestions in Visual Basic 6.0 and ESRI MapObjects for the Montseny Natural Park (Barcelona).
Assistant teacher at the University of Wales, Bangor (October 2003 - December 2003)
Assistant teacher in the GIS Computer Lab practicals of the B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Forestry, in the School of the Environment & Natural Resources.
M.Sc. in Geographic Information Technologies (2004 - 2005)
Geographic Information and Remote Sensing Laboratory (LIGIT). Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
B.Sc. in Biology, speciality in Biotechnology (2000 - 2004)
University of Barcelona.
Featured Professional Projects
Statistical maps creation service compatible with the WMS standard, based on plug-ins to allow the connection to different data sources.
Used among others in http://oslo.geodata.es/acsar and http://www.atlesnacional.cat
Online repository system for documents and spatial data, based on a MVC structure and with a public API that allows the development of third-party applications.
http://donosti.geodata.es/amb/intranet (Under current development)
Open Source Projects
- WMS Inspector
A Firefox extension that lets you explore map services used in web applications, check its capabilities and save them in a library.
- September 2010 - FOSS4G (Barcelona)
"WMS Inspector: a Firefox add-on with tools for working with Web Map Services." (Slides - pdf 1.8M)
Technical skills and competences
- Object Oriented Programming, MVC architectures.
- Server side development: Advanced PHP, Python.
- Web mapping with MapServer, GeoServer, MapGuide OS, TileCache, GDAL/OGR, MapFish.
- Versioning control with Subversion and Git and issue tracking with Trac.
- Web (W3C) and OGC (WMS, WFS, GML, KML) standards. REST and SOAP web services.
- SQL and RDBMS: PostgreSQL + PostGIS, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite.
- Web servers administration: Apache under Linux and Windows and IIS.
- Desktop GIS/Spatial applications: gvSIG, openJUMP, QGIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth.
- Catalan and Spanish mother tongues
- Advanced level of English
- Intermediate level of French
- Full clean driving license